Tabageos: Tads Basic Game Objects
Create tile based html5 games quickly.
Example Quick Platformer
Click or touch start then use wasd or arrows or the touch controller to move and jump.
The core Classes that just about every game would use are;
- CanvasObject The CanvasObject Class controls and references a html canvas element, with methods such as getPixel/setPixel and copyPixels.
- CanvasAnimation A Class that controls animation onto a CanvasObject.
- BlitMath A Class of static methods that aid in drawing scenes from a tileset.
- GeometricMath A class of static methods that aid various geometry calculations and basic collision stuffs.
- TweenMath The TweenMath.tweenArray method returns an Array of the numbers that make up a given tween from the given start and end values.
"Skeleton" Classes are more or less abstract classes. They have some inner workings, but not full implementations.
"Map" Classes collide with the 2D tile map Array given to them. Either with or without jumping ability.
"Traveler" Classes have advanced movement behavior methods such as easeTo, circle and wander.
BlittedTraveler and its line of Classes do not directly implement collision detection but rather have methods and hooks ready for collision stuffs.
The one framework Class is the GameSkeleton Class, by extending it you get;
- Title screen and game over screen automatically set up, then you just draw on them
- Control for keyboard and touch already setup, and one property usb game pad setup, just set enableGamepad to 1.
- automatic scene changes
- Built in default level select display and buttons
- Easy button setup
- pixel typing methods for crisp text at any size and animating pixel type, built in pixel fonts
- easy lighting effects
These are various examples. https://www.tabageos.com/examples
Full Playable Games
Docs version .8